It doesn’t happen a lot that we find two people from the same family in the top 5 of the Radio Airplay Chart, let alone taking the top two slots, but this is what’s happening this week with Shlomi Shabat’s take over number 1 with his latest song ‘Yesh Lach,’ followed by a new entry in at #2 for his son, Avihu, with his new song ‘Achshav At Yodaat.’ Eyal Golan is following with a new song at #3, and with Shlomo Artzi and Aviv Geffen closing the top 5 this week- there’s no female voice in the chart this week.
In movies, it’s romantic comedies week this week in Israel, with Resse Witherspoon’s “This Means War” topping the blockbuster’s chart, followed by Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Wonderlust.’ Five time Academy Award Winner ‘Hugo’ opened only this week in Israel, and grossed a little bit more than $90K which places it in the chart at #3.
This week we also get to look at the top 5 most popular TV series this month in the Holy Land, and it’s a total surprise to see the new ABC drama ‘Revenge’ starring Emily Van Camp (picture above with the new Jewish eye- candy Josh Bowman) in the top spot, followed by NBC’s great new comedy ‘Up All Night’ with Christina Applegate and Maya Rudolf.
Here’re this week Top 5’s in Music, TV and Movies:
Music: Airplay Chart – International
1. David Guetta Feat. SLA – Titanium
2. Madonna Feat. Nicki Minaj and MIA – Gimme All Your Luvin’
3. Rihanna Feat. Calvin Harris – We Found Love
4. Michael Telo – Ai Se Eu Te Pego
5. Flo Rida Feat. SIA – Wild Ones
Music: Airplay Chart – Domestic (Israeli)
1. Shlomi Shabat – Yesh Lach (‘You’ve Got’)
2. Avihu Shabat – Achshav At Yodaat (‘Now You Know’)
3. Eyal Golan – Levadi (‘All Alone’)
4. Shlomo Artzi & Arik Einstein – Hozrim Habayta (‘Coming Home’)
5. Aviv Geffen – Tipot (‘Drops’)
Movies: Box Office Chart
1. This Means War ($132,805)
2. Wonderlust ($117,346)
3. Hugo ($91,825)
4. Safe House ($87,473)
5. The Descendants ($57,940)
TV: The Most Popular TV Series in Israel
(Music Charts provided by Media Forest, Box Office chart is powered by Box Office Mojo, TV chart by Hot Cable TV)